SunCap Property Group has broken ground on Draper Place, a high-end, boutique apartment community located at the intersection of Randolph Road and Dotger Avenue. The four-story, 47-unit community will feature spacious two- and three-bedroom residences in an intimate setting convenient to retail and restaurants in Elizabeth and Eastover. The two- and three-bedroom apartment homes will range in size from 1,569 square feet to 2,289 square feet.
Cline Design is the architect for Draper Place, Metrolina Builders is the general contractor and Rivergate KW Residential will lease and manage the community and provide concierge-level service on site. Financing was provided by Union Bank & Trust.
Community website and leasing information:
The residences will include two bathrooms and a powder room, a den and sliding glass wall panels leading to fully covered balconies with gas fireplaces that allow residents to expand their living space outdoors. Draper Place's distinctive kitchens will include six-burner gas stoves with hoods, under-cabinet lighting and dry bars with wine refrigerators. Separate dining rooms will front the exterior of the building, with oversized windows providing abundant natural light and vistas.
Other upgraded amenities and finishes at Draper Place will include walk-in master closets with wood closet systems, full-sized laundry rooms with sinks, dramatic 10-foot ceilings and custom crown molding. Bathrooms feature oversized walk-in showers and elegant dual-sink vanities.
Each residence at Draper Place will have reserved, underground parking, and storage spaces will also be available. Residents will enjoy a community clubroom that includes a private conference room and an entertaining kitchen with a folding glass wall that provides access to an outdoor gas grill and custom fireplace.
The Draper Place name was inspired by Earle Sumner Draper, who moved to Charlotte in 1915 and created landscape designs for Myers Park under the direction of John Nolen, and by textile heir A.J. Draper, who served as president of Chadwick-Hoskins Company until 1922 and lived in Elizabeth.